"Everything happens in the kitchen. Life happens in the kitchen."
Big changes are coming to our home and we’re so excited to share them with you! Over the summer months, we’re planning a big kitchen/main floor renovation in our home in Winnipeg, Canada.
We’ve always been passionate about our space being a place to find comfort and peace while also existing as a place for our family to truly live, make messes, and enjoy being together.
But the time has come to bring new life to our kitchen. And since it’s the centre of our home where we spend the most time, we’re taking the time to find inspiration and to plan and dream about the kind of space we want to design.
Our main goal with our kitchen renovation is to create a space where people feel welcome and comfortable. But we also want to incorporate elements of minimal design combined with a modern, French country style that speak to our personal taste. We’ve gathered some photos from our favourite source of inspiration (Pinterest, of course) to share with you in case you are also embarking on a home reno project in the near future.
Take a moment to look through some of our favourite kitchen photos that we’ve collected. We hope they inspire you as much as they do us!
Each of these spaces inspired us because of the tall ceilings and clean lines as well as the practical elements of storage spaces and layered countertops.
We hope to bring a mixture of materials into our new kitchen that will make it feel down-to-earth and homey without being too cluttered or busy.
Countertop storage and open shelving are a must and we love that each of these kitchens feel open and airy while using a variety of shelving and storage options. Easy access to essential tools and utensils is key to a useful, functional space!
Finishes are obviously the final step of a renovation once all the hard work of designing layouts, installing counters, and putting up shelving are finally complete. But we wanted to share a few of our favourite ideas for accent pieces and hardware to add the final touch to a space.
With our passion for carefully sourced homewares, this is definitely our favourite part of the process and we can’t wait to show you the final outcome of our home project featuring some of our favourite June Home Supply pieces!
Photo credit in order of appearance:
- Photo by Kelly Brown, link http://tarahurst.com/journal/2016/11/10/the-cooks-atelier
- Villa Lena Agriturismo, http://d-vsl.com/travel/villa-lena-agriturismo-tuscany/
- Photo by Fantastic Frank, link https://nordicdesign.ca/a-home-in-soft-earthy-tones
- Homewood, https://en.homewood.it/product/gallery/bookcases-and-cupboards/69
- Photo by Kate Zimmerman Turpin, link www.katezimmermanturpin.com
- DeVol Kitchens, https://www.devolkitchens.com/kitchens/shaker-kitchen/brighton-kitchen
- Photo by Emily Hirsch and Erick Steinberg, https://www.remodelista.com/posts/remodeling-101-shiplap-beadboard-v-groove-paneling/amp/
- Anthropologie – Wishbone Bracket, https://www.anthropologie.com/?ref=logo